The main objective of every hospital is to provide exceptional care to its patients. Most people think having high-qualified and ethical doctors and hard-working staff can help them meet this objective. But are they the only necessary factors? In today’s world, no.
Today, with the steadily increasing number of hospitals and the rapidly increasing number of patients in each of them, caring for your patient also requires you to be fast and super-organized.
The only way to achieve the necessary level of organization is to automate your practice. A hospital management system (HMS) is a software that facilitates the running of your hospital, clinic, or medical setup by integrating all the information regarding patients, doctors, staff, hospital administration, etc.
Here are a few things an HMS will take care of for you.
With an HMS in place, doctors won’t have to worry about keeping track of their busy schedules or finding vacant spots to attend to critical patients. The automated system would also replace the tedious and expensive paper calendars, thereby helping the hospital save both time and money.
Patient Information and Occupancy
Losing patient information can be critical for the patient and bad for the hospital’s reputation. An HMS makes sure that this never happens. An in-built electronic medical record system stores all the basic and medical details of the patient.
It also tracks the availability of rooms and beds, making it possible for the staff to transfer patients from one ward to another on short notice. This data is constantly updated to keep a track of discharged patients. This applies to operation theatres as well, and it is now easier for nurses to know the vacant slots for scheduling surgeries.
Billing and Insurance
An HMS can sum up all the expenses of a patient during one visit and put together a complete bill by the time they leave the hospital. This keeps each department such as pharmacy, laboratory, reception, etc. from printing separate bills. This saves the hospital time and money and frees the patient from having to run around paying separate bills.
Insurance companies can now easily check the details of patients and proceed with the medical claim with further ado. This data can be recovered by the patient, the hospital, or the insurance company for further requirements.
Supplies Control and Pharmacy
Running out of supplies and medical equipment can put the hospital in a bad light. An HMS prevents this with a thorough inventory of what is in stock, what is damaged, what needs to be purchased, etc. The first expiry first out feature makes sure that the batch of medicines with the earliest expiry dates are the ones used first. This makes the job of a procurement manager, who is otherwise in charge of all these responsibilities, comparatively stress-free.
The data in an HMS exists in an integrated form and can be analyzed. This makes the creation of statistical reports, which convey to the administration details about hospital expenses and purchase of medical supplies, faster and easier.
Having read all of this, you might still be hesitant of getting an HMS for the fear of the leakage of confidential data. The data inside an HMS is protected by passwords and photo identification and has very little chance of getting leaked as compared to information stored in Google Sheets and registers. It can also be customized to suit the needs of a particular hospital.
If you are looking for an HMS which offers all these features, Insta HMS is a perfect match for you and your hospital. Insta’s cloud-ready software can integrate the data from different parts of the hospital and make it available to you on any device, anytime, anywhere.
Here are a few perks of automating your medical practice with Insta.
- Enables integrations with govt ID card readers, scanners, peripherals, and biometric devices. This helps you identify the right patient and capture additional documentation such as insurance cards seamlessly
- Medical Device Equipment integrations using HL7 technology to ensure seamless automation of orders and value reporting
- Integrated with Malaffi and NABIDH using HL7 technology
- Allows real-time data sharing across multiple applications using Insta APIs through CRM, financial accounting, and ERP integrations
- Sends SMS and email notifications to patients about test appointments, discharge readiness, bills, and prescriptions
- Patient portals are integrated into the website to enable appointment booking and medical report retrieval in real-time.
- Allows automation by integration with third-party insurance aggregators such as eClaim Link, Shafafiya, Waseel, and DHS for eligibility check, pre-authorization, and claim submissions
- Avails QR codes on lab reports to find out the authenticity of diagnostics reports such as for Covid test results
Want to know more? Book a free demo now.